VISIT AUSTIN EMPLOYMENT
Current Job Openings
Marketing Manager, Digital
Visit Austin has an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager, Digital. This exempt position reports to the Director of Content.
Job duties include:
- Be the in-house expert on social media. Continually evaluate new channels, tools and stay on top of trends.
- Oversee social strategy, develop social content and provide reporting for all organizational social media accounts.
- Serve as community manager on social media accounts.
- Work with Visit Austin’s advertising agency on search engine marketing campaigns and paid social efforts including strategy, content support and approvals.
- Source and secure approval of user-generated content for use in social channels, on website and various advertising/marketing needs.
- Engage with local photographers, influencers and other community members to source and share content.
- Promotion planning for Visit Austin marketing activities, events and partner marketing campaigns.
- Assist in maintaining website content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Assist with various digital marketing requests for other Visit Austin departments.
- Assist marketing department with other projects as needed.
Key qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media management and content creation for brands.
- Proficient in social media marketing publishing and monitoring tools (ex: Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.) and social media analytics tools (ex: Sprout Social).
- Experience working with Content Management System programs.
- Proficiency in basic graphic design, with competency using tools in the Adobe Design Suite and knowledge of basic HTML.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to successfully manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Austin history, attractions and offerings as a convention and tourism destination preferred.
Excellent benefits; equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply by sending your letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Manager, Digital” in the subject line, no later than 12/16/2019.
TRAVEL MEDIA SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Visit Austin’s publishing partner, Miles Partnership, is looking for a Travel Media Sales and Marketing Executive. This is a full-time media advertising sales role, based in Austin, that will service and build an existing advertiser base of hotels, restaurants, resorts, attractions and other tourism and convention related businesses in Austin, Texas.
Learn more and apply here.
Internships are available in the following departments: Convention Sales, Convention Services, Marketing Communications and Tourism, Music Office and Sports Commission. Learn More.